WCDC 2018 Practice Exchange
Purpose: To provide a practical insight into the work of community workers and community development organisations in Ireland working on a range of national and local issues. The organisations visited will include those listed below.
- To gain an overall understanding of:
- issues facing communities in both Irish urban and rural contexts
- Irish community work, principles that inform it, methods used and outcomes achieved
- To compare and contrast issues, approaches, methods and outcomes in Ireland and elsewhere
- To consider how the approaches seen could be used in one’s own practice, research and teaching