The organisers of the World Community Development Conference 2018, the International Association of Community Development, Community Work Ireland and Maynooth University, recognise the valuable contribution of colleagues from low and middle-income countries and the importance of their voices and presences in making the conference global and relevant for community development globally. We are anxious to encourage and support the participation of community workers and community work educators in these countries.
There are a small number of bursaries available for people from low-income countries and in some instances designated middle-income countries. Recognising the importance of young people for the future of community development, the organising group welcomes applications from practitioners under 35 years.
Bursaries fall into four categories:
- Full bursary A full bursary will include a contribution to the cost of travel, accommodation and waiver of the conference fee.
- Partial bursary A partial bursary will include a contribution to the cost of accommodation and waiver of the conference fee
- Registration only A registration only bursary will include a waiver of the conference fee
- Partial-Registration A partial-registration will provide a reduced rate for the conference fee of €150
Please note that the conference fee includes lunch on the conference days and the gala dinner on one evening – the cost of these will be included in the full and partial bursaries.
The number of bursaries are strictly limited and will be awarded according to the following criteria:
- country of origin
- organisational financial circumstances
- your contribution to the conference, and
- the levels of resources that are available.
Please note that travel and accommodation will be organised by the conference organisers for those awarded full or partial bursaries.
|Applications Open||Wednesday February 7th 2018|
|Applications Closed||Friday March 9th 2018|
|Applicants notified of decision||Friday March 16th 2018|
Applications will be accepted through the online system only and you are responsible for your own Visa arrangements
Please ensure to read the guidelines before starting your application because the form cannot be saved and needs to be completed in a single visit.
You will need to upload a reference from your employer or another established community development organisation so please have that ready before you commence the application process.
For queries please email email@example.com